Frequently Asked Questions
If your question has not been answered, please get in touch!
What do the Brainfit® Courses cover?
Training to become a Brainfit® Coach comprises three to four sections, depending on what you want to do with your new-found knowledge:
- Memory and the Six Key Skills (6 Modules, each with 6 sub-sections)
- The Brain and How it Works (6 Modules, each with 6 sub-sections)
- The Business of Brainfit® Coaching (10 Modules)
- Access to Ready-to-Go presentation, course and workshop visuals and transcripts.
Is there a Fast-Track if I am already trained?
If you are already working as a coach, teacher or other instructing occupation, you may be able to fast-track your training as a Brainfit® Coach, knowing that there will need to be personal time spent working through the teaching manual if you plan to offer classes. (The teaching manual is supplied with The Business of Brainfit® Coaching course and may be purchased separately for those not completing that module. (Of course, you may simply be interested in learning more about the Brain and Memory without becoming a Coach in the meantime – that’s fine. Many people choose this option.)
The first step is to talk to us! email@example.com or +64 9 21 243 9580 or +64 9 528 7393
How does the training work?
Once your payment has been received, you gain your own log-in to the system and your training begins. There is 10-20 minute video for each part and a downloadable transcript. There is a multiple-choice answer section at the end of each module which must be completed before moving to the next.
Alongside the theory and practical modules, with The Business of Brainfit® Coaching you will be offered, free-of-charge, the premium on-line brain training course Memory Tune® to help strengthen your knowledge base before commencing your own classes. (Normally $169.00)
What happens after that?
Once you become a Brainfit® Coach, you will need to devote time to annotating the presentation slides to help you with key points as you are leading your own classes. You receive your certificate, a range of marketing materials, digital resources and access to the private Forum for Accredited Coaches. You are also invited to join the regular Zoom meetings with other Coaches where decisions are made and any issues arising can be discussed.
Is there a licensing fee to use the materials?
All Coaches pay a Brainfit® Annual Membership subscription $450.00NZD.
The benefits of this membership include:
- Additional training as appropriate
- Full use of the all Brainfit® resources
- Marketing collateral and templates
- On-going updates and meetings via Zoom
- Access to Dr Allison Lamont’s expertise in brain and memory matters
- Promotion through the monthly newsletters and emails to the database
- Your own page, video and information on the company websites
- Referrals and speaking opportunities as they arise
- Access to latest research via the Private Forum (on Facebook)
- Supply of books at 30% discount to on-sell to classes and audiences
Who tutors the Brainfit® Coach course?
International memory expert, Dr Allison Lamont, will conduct your training for modules relating to the brain and memory. Experienced educator and Managing Director of the Memory Foundation, Gillian Eadie will lead the sessions related to your life and career as a Brainfit® Coach.
Both Directors contribute to your study modules. Gillian is an experienced educator and delighted to be training students to become outstanding BrainFit® Coaches. You are welcome to discuss the course directly with your course tutor before you enrol. Simply email us and we’ll arrange this for you. firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gillian on +64 9 528 7393 or +64 21 243 9580.
Who is the Brainfit® programme designed for?
All of our Brainfit® options are for people of all ages, backgrounds and nationalities with an interest in the brain and how memory works. We welcome all trainees whether you aspire to become a Brainfit® Coach or because you have an interest in brain and memory matters.
Dr Lamont and Gillian Eadie will fully support you as you complete the study with any questions you may have.
The course is extremely enjoyable and includes lots of valuable, stimulating and challenging practical tasks as well as the essential theory you need to be a fully trained Brainfit® Coach.
What equipment do I need to do the Brainfit® Courses?
Computer, desktop or laptop (the laptop is essential if you are running classes)
- Email account
- Broadband connection
- Adobe Acrobat (Download Here)
- Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Skype (Download Here) and/or Zoom (https://zoom.us/ )
- Good understanding of written and spoken English
- A lively interest in the brain and how memory ‘works’.
How much do Brainfit® Courses cost?
By completing these courses you will be well-prepared and ready to launch your career as a Brainfit® Coach. Each person who enrols in one of your classes will be investing in your knowledge and skills – and will want those skills to be the best in the business! The Brainfit® Academy can give you that confidence.
- Memory and the Six Key Skills (6 Modules) $998.00
- The Brain and How it Works (6 Modules) $998.00
- The Business of Brainfit® Coaching (6 Modules) $998.00
- Access to Ready-to-Go presentation, course and workshop visuals and transcripts. (Investment varies)
Have further questions? Get in touch!
email@example.com or call Gillian on +64 9 528 7393 or +64 21 243 9580.
Learn More About Brainfit® Training and Coaching
Download our FREE e-Guide.