Frequently Asked Questions
If your question has not been answered, please get in touch!
What do the Brainfit® Courses cover?
Training to become a Brainfit® Coach comprises three to four sections, depending on what you want to do with your new-found knowledge:
- The Brain and How it Works (5 Modules)
- Memory and the Six Key Skills (6 Modules)
- The Business of Brainfit® Coaching (6 Modules)
- Assessment of your Brainfit® Coaching presentation during the in-person training day or via video-conference. (Aspiring Brainfit® Coaches only.)
Is there a Fast-Track if I am already trained?
If you are already working as a coach, teacher or other instructing occupation, you may be able to fast-track your training as a Brainfit® Coach by moving from Section 2 to the assessment for accreditation. (And, of course, you may simply be interested in learning more about the Brain and Memory without becoming a Coach in the meantime.)
The first step is to talk to us! firstname.lastname@example.org or +64 9 21 243 9580 or +64 9 528 7393
We then ask you to complete a registration form.
How does the training work?
Each section contains modules which you access online. There is video and transcript content with an answer book for each module completed in your own time. You email your answer book to your tutor for responses and feedback prior to being given access to the next module.
If proceeding to Section 4 (the assessment process) this takes place in small groups where you will work through the Brainfit® for Life Manual and exercises in an interactive environment. During this time, you will be presenting a sample part of the course to the group to demonstrate your knowledge and skills as a Brainfit® Coach. Trainees unable to attend an in-person day will have all of the materials available to enable a Skype or Zoom presentation.
Alongside the theory and practical course, you will be offered, free-of-charge, the premium on-line brain training course Memory Tune® to help strengthen your knowledge base before commencing your own classes. (Normally $169.00)
What happens after that?
If you are accredited to become a Brainfit® Coach, you will need to devote time to annotating the presentation slides to help you with key points as you are leading your own classes. You receive your certificate, a range of marketing materials, digital resources and access to the private Forum for Accredited Coaches. You are also invited to join the regular Zoom meetings with other Coaches where decisions are made and any issues arising can be discussed.
Is there a licensing fee to use the materials?
Your first year as a licensed Brainfit® Coach is included in the training fees.
After your first year, all Coaches pay a Brainfit® Annual Membership subscription.
The benefits of this membership include:
- Additional training
- Full use of the all Brainfit® resources
- Marketing collateral and templates
- Use of the payment portal for people enrolling in your classes
- On-going updates
- Access to Dr Allison Lamont’s expertise in brain and memory matters
- Promotion through the monthly newsletters and emails to the database
- Your own page, video and information on the https://brainfit.nz website
- Referrals and speaking opportunities as they arise
- Access to latest research via the Private Forum (on Facebook)
- Supply of books at 30% discount to on-sell to classes and audiences
Who tutors the Brainfit® Coach course?
International memory expert, Dr Allison Lamont, will conduct your training for modules relating to the brain and memory. Experienced educator and Managing Director of the Memory Foundation, Gillian Eadie will lead the sessions related to your life and career as a BrainFit Coach.
Both Directors contribute to your study modules. Dr Lamont will conduct your initial Skype/Zoom interview. Gillian is an experienced educator and delighted to be training students to become outstanding BrainFit® Coaches. You are welcome to discuss the course directly with your course tutor before you enrol. Simply email us and we’ll arrange this for you. email@example.com or call Gillian on +64 9 528 7393 or +64 21 243 9580.
Who is the Brainfit® programme designed for?
All of our Brainfit® options are for people of all ages, backgrounds and nationalities with an interest in the brain and how memory works. We welcome all trainees whether you aspire to become a Brainfit® Coach or because you have an interest in brain and memory matters.
Dr Lamont and Gillian Eadie will fully support you as you complete the study with any questions you may have.
The course is extremely enjoyable and includes lots of valuable, stimulating and challenging practical tasks as well as the essential theory you need to be a fully trained Brainfit® Coach.
What equipment do I need to do the Brainfit® Courses?
Computer, desktop or laptop (the laptop is essential if you are running classes)
- Email account
- Broadband connection
- Adobe Acrobat (Download Here)
- Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Skype (Download Here) and/or Zoom (https://zoom.us/ )
- Good understanding of written and spoken English
- A lively interest in the brain and how memory ‘works’.
How much do Brainfit® Courses cost?
By completing these courses you will be well-prepared and ready to launch your career as a Brainfit® Coach. Each person who enrols in one of your classes will be investing in your knowledge and skills – and will want those skills to be the best in the business! The Brainfit® Academy can give you that confidence.
- The Brain and How it Works (5 Modules) $700.00
- Memory and the Six Key Skills (6 Modules) $900.00
- The Business of Brainfit® Coaching (6 Modules) $900.00
- Assessment of your Brainfit® Coaching presentation and the in-person training day. ($250.00) International trainees can complete this via Skype or Zoom
Have further questions? Get in touch!
firstname.lastname@example.org or call Gillian on +64 9 528 7393 or +64 21 243 9580.
Learn More About Brainfit® Training and Coaching
Download our FREE e-Guide.